St Oswald's in Ravenstonedale is of special interest because of its three-decker pulpit and collegiate pews. Also noteworthy is an excavation of Gilbertine ruins in the grounds.
Those wishing to trace their ancestry may be interested in the Index of Gravestones in the church grounds. The index draws on a manuscript survey completed in 1994 by Mrs.C Bunney (1910-1995) of Hwith, Ravenstonedale.
There are a surprising variety of plants in the grounds of St Oswald's which have now been categorised - Index of Flowers.