Ravenstonedale Kirkby Stephen Cumbria

Millennium Map Project. Pump House

Contributor: Caroline Morris
Ravenstonedale, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria

A small item appeared in the Westmorland Herald '100 Years Ago' article, dated 8 December 1990. It would suggest that the Pump House was built circa 1890, and reads as follows...
"Mr T A Metcalfe-Gibson, Elm Lodge, Ravenstonedale, conferred a great boon on Ravenstonedale by providing a water supply from his own main to a stand-pipe in the centre of the Village, plus a neat structure to give shelter to those going for water."

Pump House Ravenstonedale